Fees charged to tenants from Agent:
- Utilities and council tax if included within the tenancy.
- A refundable deposit, capped at six weeks' rent. The cap could be five weeks' rent for properties where the annual rent is less than £50,000, under an amendment put forward in the House of Lords.
- A refundable holding deposit to reserve the property, capped at one week's rent.
- Changes to the tenancy requested by the tenant, capped at £50 (or "reasonable costs").
- Early termination of the tenancy requested by the tenant.
- Defaults by the tenant, such as fines for late rent payments or lost keys. These must be "reasonable costs", with evidence given in writing by the landlord or agent.
LEWIS OLIVER REGISTER ALL CLIENT DEPOSITS WITH DEPOSIT PROTECTION SERVICE